Not all ‘home studios’ are equal!
Like many narrators in the US (and an increasing number in the UK) I have invested in a personal studio that matches the quality of many mainstream studios. I have also invested in software and kit – and I know how to use it efficiently and effectively to produce great sounding audio.
- Kube ‘Silver’ Isolation Booth
- Sennheiser MK4 Large Diaphragm Condenser Microphone
- AKG C214 Large Diaphragm Condenser Microphone
- Audient ID14 Mains and bus powered audio Interface
- Rode studio ‘Anglepoise’ mic stand
- ‘Classic’ Professional Pop filter
- BeyerDynamic DT770 Pro headphones
- Dedicated Mac mini for recording
- iMac for editing
- iPad for annotating and reading
- Studio One Artist DAW – (‘Punch In’ recording)
- Adobe Audition (subscription version)
- iZotope RX7 Advanced Audio Editor
- iZotope Nectar 3 Production Suite
- Cleanfeed / Skype / Zoom
- Dropbox Professional file sharing and cloud storage.